Monday, September 12, 2011

Footwear

I've seen this picture a few times.
I think it's a Samaritan's Purse photo.
The photo really gripped me.
At first glance it looks like the heels of the flip flops are covered in dirt.
But they're not.  They are completely gone.
And they're held together with rubber bands.
I imagine this is the persons only source of footwear.
No going to closet, deciding which shoes will match their outfit today.
Instead they'd be wishing hoping and possibly praying for new flip flops.

Why not add a pair of flip flops or shoes to your box.
Flip-flops are on sale everywhere right now.
I know Michaels had great deals, not sure if they have any left.
I've also seen runners on clearance.
Giant Tiger had some great deals on runners.
Remember most of these children walk everywhere.
And as the story below states, often too expensive for their parents to purchase.

No comments:

Post a Comment