Tuesday, September 27, 2011

DIY projects- headband and finger puppets.

This weekend I went to a womens retreat.  One of the activities was this cute headband we made.  Right away I knew I was going to add it to my box.  I imagine a girl, never having received anything beautiful in her life. Opening it and touching it ever so carefully.
All you need is a piece of lace a little longer than your head, so that you are able to tie it.
I threaded a smaller peace of ribbon thru the small openings.
The flower made up of small hearts. 
Fold your fabric or organza in an accordian and then cut one heart.
Place your hearts overlapping in the shape of a flower.  Stitch together.
Add a button or pearls to the middle.
We added feathers for a fun effect.

 Operation Christmas Child Crafting Corner Blog has a lot of great DIY ideas!

Clip With  A Purpose posted these cute finger puppets yesterday.
Photo Credit: Etsy.
You could get your kids to help make their faces.  Your kids would have fun making them and the children receiving them would have fun playing with them.  A double blessing.

No comments:

Post a Comment