Saturday, August 3, 2013

Asking for Help...

Asking for help.  It is not always easy to do. 

In years past I would have made trip after trip to Staples to pick up the limit of 6 notebooks.   But as our Packing Party grows, so do our needs for more items, and with it came the realization that I can not do this alone.

I am thankful that God has put together a great Shoe Box Committee.  Each with individual gifting.  They are great to bounce ideas off of, and have a new energy for this ministry. 

I am also thankful that I can send out a mass email, asking families in congregation, if they would be willing to pick up notebooks.   The response I have received has been fantastic!  I had people dropping off notebooks at my door late last night, and opening up my email was a pure joy,  I had people say they had already gone last night.  Would they like us to go again?   People often want to help, but don't always know how. So writing a short email, asking for help is worth it.


No comments:

Post a Comment