Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Weekend Goodies.

If you've been following me for a while you know that I love thrift stores and garage sales.  Last Saturday we went into the city for the Island Lakes community garages. They are great because so many people have them you can walk and walk, well until your arms are full.  Here is a small sampling of some of the goodies I picked up.  
Quite a few of the items were free.  When we mentioned it to one lady she said her and her daughters had done it before and she told us to pick whatever we wanted.  What a blessing.  
Most items were  .25 to .50 cents.  The footwear I paid more for because most stores have put away their summer footwear. But I am still in need of footwear for 2-4 girls and 10-14 boxes for our Church Packing Party.
I am very particular what I purchase, as OCC wants all items to be new. I never want to spend my money on something that maybe removed from a box.  So if I am unsure of an item, I leave it.  Most of the items came in original packaging.  Some items look like they have never been used. I know my kids really want something and then play with it once and then it sits there.  And you can not tell it has been used. I will add these items to boxes. 

But my best find were all these beads and a bit of cord for $2.25! I am looking forward to dividing them and putting it in bags and seeing how many girls will be blessed with beads!
It is fun to search out items.  You never know what you will find.
Has anyone else found some great deals lately?

2 comments:

  1. Great finds! My most recent find was 20 cent Dora cups at the grocery store, really cute and perfect for a Dora theme box.

    Love the beads and love the Strawberry Shortcake things! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome. The children will be so blessed!

    ReplyDelete